Recipe by davinandkennard
A wonderfully moist cake that my mom taught me to make over 50 years ago. Never fails to please people.
- 1 cup prune, pitted and cut up
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon and clove
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 1 cup chopped nuts (I use pecans)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour boiling water over the prunes and let stand for 2 hours.
- Sift the dry ingredients together.
- Add the prune mixture and all other ingredients.
- Blend throughly for about 1 minute.
- Beat at medium speed fro 2 minutes (300 strokes by hand).
- Pour into a greased and floured pan.
- Tube pan 350 for 1 hour.
- Jelly Roll pan 350 for 35 minutes.
- Cup Cakes 400 for 20-25 minutes.