Another Jack Fry's special!! Crab and lobster together.....pan FRIED in butter!! What can be better?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
CRAB LOBSTER CAKES
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons extra fine cracker meal
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 lb fresh lump crabmeat
- 5 ounces cooked lobster meat (1 rock lobster tail will give you about that amount)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter (1/2 stick)
CREAMY DIJON SAUCE
- 1To make the cakes: In a large bowl, blend the egg whites, mayonnaise, Old Bay seasoning, cayenne, cracker meal and lemon juice.
- 2Fold in the crab meat and the lobster meat.
- 3Divide into 10 portions and flatten gently to form a cake.
- 4Coat each cake in the breadcrumbs.
- 5Pan sear the cakes in the butter for 2-3 min on each side.
- 6Do this in batches and drain on paper towels to get rid of any excess grease. If more butter is needed, add more.
- 7To make the sauce: Combine the shallot, wine and broth in a saucepan.
- 8Bring to a boil and reduce by half.
- 9Add the heavy cream and reduce by a third.
- 10Whisk in the mustard.
- 11To serve: Pool the sauce on a warm plate.
- 12Place 2 crab cakes on top. Garnish with lemon slice if desired.
Browse Our Top Lobster Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lobster Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jack Fry's Lobster Crab Cakes With Creamy Dijon Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (573 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1083.4
- Calories from Fat 713
- Total Fat 79.2 g
- Saturated Fat 33.0 g
- Cholesterol 278.2 mg
- Sodium 1754.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 31.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning