Recipe by Stacky5
This recipe looks so delicious! It was given to the Courier Journal Newspaper by a chef that worked at Jack Fry's Restaurant in Louisville, KY and I just happened to come across it by chance! I do not have an ice cream freezer yet myself, so I don't know how long the passive cooking (freezing) time would be. I wanted to save this recipe for the day when I do get an ice cream freezer...
Top Review by AngieJaxFL
BEST ICE CREAM EVER!!!! especially if you love key lime pie!! Like the other review said.. the marshmellow cream makes it!!! i would give it 10 stars if i good.. Thanks Stacky
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup bottled key lime juice (NOT regular lime juice, but specifically KEY LIME juice)
- 17 ounces jar marshmallow cream
- 4 crumbled graham crackers
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy saucepan, bring cream to a simmer. Place the egg yolks in a bowl.
- Slowly beat the hot cream into the egg yolks. Pour the mixture back into the pan, and place over low heat. Stir constantly with a wooden spoon until the custard thickens slightly, 8 to 10 minutes. Be careful not to let the mixture boil or eggs will scramble. Remove from heat.
- Pour hot custard through a strainer into a large, clean bowl. Allow the custard to cool slightly. Then stir in the sweetened condensed milk and key lime juice. Cover and refrigerate until cold.
- Stir the cold custard well, then freeze in your ice-cream freezer according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Fold the marshmallow cream and crumbled graham crackers into the ice cream when it is finished.