1/4 Photos of Jack Daniel's Tipsy Cake
1 hr 30 mins
Redneck Epicurean's Note:
I wanted to post this so I don't ever lose it again. In college, my bestest friend, Alan, and I visited the Opryland Hotel with his parents at Christmas. In one of the gift shops in the hotel, they sell these, as well as at the little shop in Lynchburg. She served this cake and coffee after we got back to their place and opened presents. It was glorious (and not cheap by any means). So, I came home and started searching, playing, and experimenting. I found this through Google and it's exactly like what we had that night. If you're wondering what it's like..think chocolate-coffee-flavored cake on a bender. YUM!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350-375 degrees, depending on how your oven bakes (it's different for everyone!).
- 2Melt chocolate and set aside to cool down a bit.
- 3Dissolve the coffee granules in the boiling water. When dissolved, stir in the cold water. Add the whiskey and set aside.
- 4In a large electric mixer, cream the butter, vanilla, and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the chocolate.
- 5With the mixer on low, add the flour alternating with the coffee/whiskey mixture.
- 6****The batter WILL BE THIN & RUNNY.**** Do NOT add more flour.
- 7Pour into two prepared loaf pans (I always make one small and one large-one to keep, one to give away.).
- 8Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, about an hour to an hour and a half. Cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar when serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jack Daniel's Tipsy Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1651 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2666.7
- Calories from Fat 1240
- Total Fat 137.8 g
- Saturated Fat 83.7 g
- Cholesterol 561.2 mg
- Sodium 2371.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 319.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.1 g
- Sugars 201.7 g
- Protein 33.2 g