Recipe by Comedie
Trouble thinking of a name for this one. Can use JD, brandy, cognac or similar strong spirits. Works with lamb, beef, or chicken as well as pork. Very simple and very tasty.
Top Review by iglowforyou
I'm making this right now. It smells really good! I made a few changes. I don't know if it's fair to rate the recipe when I change it, but I will. :D I added 1tbsp crushed ginger, 2tbsp brown sugar, and some red pepper flakes instead of black pepper. I scored my chops a little cause they're really thick and we're going to grill them in about 2 hours! Thanks, I think we're gonna love this.
- 2 tablespoons Jack Daniels Whiskey
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 boneless pork chops (approx 1/2 pound each)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine marinade ingredients.
- Marinate meat at least 2 hours, or up to overnight in the refrigerator. Marinating in a ziploc bag with most of the air squeezed out works great to maximize contact between meat and marinade.
- Pan fry or BBQ as you like.
- If pan fried, can deglaze pan with a bit of water and/or white wine to have a very nice sauce.