Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Trouble thinking of a name for this one. Can use JD, brandy, cognac or similar strong spirits. Works with lamb, beef, or chicken as well as pork. Very simple and very tasty.
- 2 tablespoons Jack Daniels Whiskey
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 boneless pork chops (approx 1/2 pound each)
- Combine marinade ingredients.
- Marinate meat at least 2 hours, or up to overnight in the refrigerator. Marinating in a ziploc bag with most of the air squeezed out works great to maximize contact between meat and marinade.
- Pan fry or BBQ as you like.
- If pan fried, can deglaze pan with a bit of water and/or white wine to have a very nice sauce.
I'm making this right now. It smells really good! I made a few changes. I don't know if it's fair to rate the recipe when I change it, but I will. :D I added 1tbsp crushed ginger, 2tbsp brown sugar, and some red pepper flakes instead of black pepper. I scored my chops a little cause they're really thick and we're going to grill them in about 2 hours! Thanks, I think we're gonna love this.
Cooked this for a luncheon today, it was very favourably received! Served it with stirfried bok choy and oyster sauce and steamed rice. Highly recommend this for a easy but exotic meal.