Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great main dish made with Jack Daniels whiskey.
- 2 lbs beef tenderloin steaks, sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄2 cup jack daniel's tennessee whiskey
- 1 cup crushed canned tomato
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- mashed potatoes
- Melt butter in large heavy skillet. Cook meat quickly until browned. Season with salt.
- Stir in mushrooms, onion and garlic; simmer for several minutes.
- Stir in wine, Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey, tomatoes and sugar. Simmer 30 minutes or until tender.
- Serve with mashed potatoes.
Yikes after I added the JD whiskey the taste was way too strong for our taste, so I doctored the recipe by adding a can of tomato soup, 2 tablespoons of worcestershire sauce and two tablespoons of sugar. Next time I am definitely going to knock down the amount of whiskey. My DD suggested that after the whiskey is added, that the alcohol should be allowed to burn off before adding the tomatoes & sugar.
This was definately and easy recipe, but I do advise anyone who is making this recipe to cut the whiskey and wine down slightly, it was way to overpowing for such a short cooking time, I also made some other slightly minor adjustments, overall it was pretty good, Thanks, Kittencal:)