Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
This is a great main dish made with Jack Daniels whiskey.
Top Review by AcadiaTwo
Yikes after I added the JD whiskey the taste was way too strong for our taste, so I doctored the recipe by adding a can of tomato soup, 2 tablespoons of worcestershire sauce and two tablespoons of sugar. Next time I am definitely going to knock down the amount of whiskey. My DD suggested that after the whiskey is added, that the alcohol should be allowed to burn off before adding the tomatoes & sugar.
- 2 lbs beef tenderloin steaks, sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄2 cup jack daniel's tennessee whiskey
- 1 cup crushed canned tomato
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- mashed potatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in large heavy skillet. Cook meat quickly until browned. Season with salt.
- Stir in mushrooms, onion and garlic; simmer for several minutes.
- Stir in wine, Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey, tomatoes and sugar. Simmer 30 minutes or until tender.
- Serve with mashed potatoes.