Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is the real deal ......
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 cups finely diced onions
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped garlic
- 1⁄4 cup Jack Daniels Whiskey
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco sauce
- 2 cups au jus sauce
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 900 g brown sugar
- Pre-heat pot & add OIL, ONION & GARLIC.
- Cook over low heat until ONION & GARLIC become transparent.
- Add all the other ingredients except BROWN SUGAR.
- Bring to the boil until reduced by 1/2. This will take approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to simmer.
- Add BROWN SUGAR and mix well.
- Continue to simmer for another 10-15 minutes until sauce becomes thick and syrupy.
- Cool RAPIDLY by placing the pot into a sink of ICED WATER.
- Pour into a sealed container and refrigerate.