Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe on ehow.com. Posting for safekeeping.
Make and share this Jack Daniels Pulled Pork recipe from Food.com.
- 1 yellow onion, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup Jack Daniels Whiskey
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 lbs pork shoulder
- hamburger bun
- Mix the chopped yellow onion, chopped garlic, tomato paste, Dijon mustard, white vinegar, paprika, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, Jack Daniels, brown sugar, black pepper, and bay leaf together.
- Put the pork shoulder and sauce mixture in a large stock pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Let the mixture simmer for two hours. You will know when it is done by the way the pork pulls apart so easily.
- Take the pork out of the sauce a pull it apart. Then take the Jack Daniels sauce in the pan and reduce it to 1/3 of it's original amount. Mix the pork and the sauce together.
- Serve on hamburger buns.