Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe on ehow.com. Posting for safekeeping.
Make and share this Jack Daniels Pulled Pork recipe from Food.com.
- 1 yellow onion, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup Jack Daniels Whiskey
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 lbs pork shoulder
- hamburger bun
- Mix the chopped yellow onion, chopped garlic, tomato paste, Dijon mustard, white vinegar, paprika, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, Jack Daniels, brown sugar, black pepper, and bay leaf together.
- Put the pork shoulder and sauce mixture in a large stock pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Let the mixture simmer for two hours. You will know when it is done by the way the pork pulls apart so easily.
- Take the pork out of the sauce a pull it apart. Then take the Jack Daniels sauce in the pan and reduce it to 1/3 of it's original amount. Mix the pork and the sauce together.
- Serve on hamburger buns.
I made this yesterday but with a couple of changes. The first was I wanted to cook it in the slow cooker. The second was because I didn't have any white wine vinegar so used a combination of Balsamic and regular malt vinegar. It went down very well in our house, but the reason for four rather than five is because as gorgeous as it was it needs a little pepping up. We can't get pulled pork in the UK but we have it when we come out to the US and what I made just didn't quite hit the nail in the head. I think next time I may try the Jack Daniels and Coke version. I have made Ham in Coke several times and is always well received. Still worthy of 4 stars though.