Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
My first recipezaar recipe--had a bizarre desire to play around with some jack daniels last night, and in a productive way ;-) The result was pretty wonderful
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1⁄2 cup Jack Daniels Whiskey
- 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons tarragon
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Mix well all the ingredients except salmon and lemon.
- Peel one lemon and add zest to the mix.
- Cut the same lemon and squeeze juice into the mix.
- Brush salmon fillets with the mix and add remainder of the mix and salmon fillets to aluminum foil packets. Wrap and seal tightly.
- Grill over medium-high heat on both sides until salmon flakes.
- Cut other lemon into wedges.
- Serve over rice or pasta or with grilled vegetables.
This was a good recipe. We used a whole Alaskian Fillet. You can taste the Jack, we ate it almost a 1/2 hr ago, and i can taste it in the back of my throat. Did use the tarragon didn't have any. This was good but i still might play with it. I don't know if the kids would enjoy it because i can still taste the Jack. Thanks for the post.
This is a good grilling sauce, I really enjoyed it. It was a bit much Tarragon for me, but I will definetely make it again. Thanks!