Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Prep time doesn't include marinade time.
Make and share this Jack Daniel's Grilled Chuck Roast recipe from Food.com.
- Combine whiskey, brown sugar, soy sauce, water, Worcestershire sauce,lemon juice and garlic powder, mix well.
- Place roast into a plastic bag; add marinade (saving some back for basting) and seal.
- Place in a dish;refrigerate overnight,turning occasionally.
- Grill over medium coals/medium heat (with Jack Daniel's Barrel Chips, soaked in water- if you can find them), about 20 to 25 minutes per side for medium.
- Baste occasionally with extra marinade.
- To serve, cut into thin slices.
This chuck roast was delicious! However, I cooked mine in a slow cooker for 6 hours and served on buns. YUMMY!!
Our family and a guest loved it. I tried to sear it on both sides I think I did 5min on high for each side or maybe longer I seared a little to much. Most of is was perfect Medium rare but the very middle was rare. After searing I did 23min ish per side and let it rest well over ten min. We will make again. Its hard to find good ideas for this type of cheap roast, since its so fatty. My husband doesn't like stew so when i saw this I got excited and nervous all at once! We love to grill but I have never heard of grilling a roast. We will make again since we buy 1/4 of a cow every year and I have struggle w/ what to do w/ Chuck Roasts! Thank you!
This is such a delicious recipe!!!!!!! I put it in a crock pot on high for 2 hours, then low for about 5 hours until the meat fell off the bones, my family was over the moon for this, will be making this a lot more, thanks!!!!!!!!!!!! So yummy!