Recipe by Punky Julster
Prep time doesn't include marinade time.
Top Review by Terry V.
I don't see how this could take such a short time to grill. Every other grilled chuck roast recipe I've looked at specifies 2-3 hours - even for a small roast - at a low heat to let the connective tissue melt. Won't this still be tough after just 45 minutes?
- 1⁄3 cup jack daniel whiskey
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chuck roast
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine whiskey, brown sugar, soy sauce, water, Worcestershire sauce,lemon juice and garlic powder, mix well.
- Place roast into a plastic bag; add marinade (saving some back for basting) and seal.
- Place in a dish;refrigerate overnight,turning occasionally.
- Grill over medium coals/medium heat (with Jack Daniel's Barrel Chips, soaked in water- if you can find them), about 20 to 25 minutes per side for medium.
- Baste occasionally with extra marinade.
- To serve, cut into thin slices.