Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Prep time doesn't include marinade time.
- 1⁄3 cup jack daniel whiskey
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chuck roast
- Combine whiskey, brown sugar, soy sauce, water, Worcestershire sauce,lemon juice and garlic powder, mix well.
- Place roast into a plastic bag; add marinade (saving some back for basting) and seal.
- Place in a dish;refrigerate overnight,turning occasionally.
- Grill over medium coals/medium heat (with Jack Daniel's Barrel Chips, soaked in water- if you can find them), about 20 to 25 minutes per side for medium.
- Baste occasionally with extra marinade.
- To serve, cut into thin slices.
I don't see how this could take such a short time to grill. Every other grilled chuck roast recipe I've looked at specifies 2-3 hours - even for a small roast - at a low heat to let the connective tissue melt. Won't this still be tough after just 45 minutes?
This chuck roast was delicious! However, I cooked mine in a slow cooker for 6 hours and served on buns. YUMMY!!
Our family and a guest loved it. I tried to sear it on both sides I think I did 5min on high for each side or maybe longer I seared a little to much. Most of is was perfect Medium rare but the very middle was rare. After searing I did 23min ish per side and let it rest well over ten min. We will make again. Its hard to find good ideas for this type of cheap roast, since its so fatty. My husband doesn't like stew so when i saw this I got excited and nervous all at once! We love to grill but I have never heard of grilling a roast. We will make again since we buy 1/4 of a cow every year and I have struggle w/ what to do w/ Chuck Roasts! Thank you!