Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this chicken. I'm posting this for safe keeping. I found this recipe at Obesity Help. It was posted by hear_me_roar. Many of you are thinking....wait.....how can this be low carb with pineapple juice? Easy you're simply basting with it...allowing the acids in it to penetrate the meat. the sugars aren't able to penetrate the meat and are only on there during caramelization, so most will drip right off. This is a low carb feel good kinda meal.... so give it a whirl... (the alcohol does burn off, so no carbs from those either....)
- 2 lbs bone in chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 cup Jack Daniels Whiskey
- the juice of one fresh lime
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Place meat in sauce let stand for no less than 2 hours and place on grill
- over hot coals or hot gas grill. When meat is turned, brush with sauce. (try to only turn once or twice for that nice caramelized coating).
- Just before meat is removed from grill, brush again with sauce.
- Serve with green beans on the side to keep it very low carb.