Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Make and share this Jack Daniel's Grill Glaze recipe from Food.com.
- 1 head garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1⁄3 cups dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons minced white onions
- 1 tablespoon Jack Daniels Whiskey
- 1 tablespoon crushed pineapple
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cut about 1/2-inch off of top of garlic.
- Cut the roots so that the garlic will sit flat.
- Remove the papery skin from the garlic, but leave enough so that the cloves stay together.
- Put garlic into a small casserole dish or baking pan, drizzle olive oil over it, and cover with a lid or foil.
- Bake in a preheated 325° oven for 1 hour.
- Remove garlic and let it cool until you can handle it.
- Combine water, pineapple juice, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, and brown sugar in a medium saucepan over medium/high heat.
- Stir occasionally until mixture boils then reduce heat until mixture is just simmering.
- Squeeze the sides of the head of garlic until the pasty roasted garlic is squeezed out.
- Measure 2 teaspoons into the saucepan and whisk to combine.
- Add remaining ingredients to the pan and stir.
- Let mixture simmer for 40-50 minutes or until sauce has reduced by about 1/2 and is thick and syrupy.
- Make sure it doesn't boil over.
- Makes 1 cup of glaze.
This is a family favorite recipe. I have made it three times and my husband and kids love it. During football season the request is battered fried boneless chicken strips/tenders served with this glaze. They actually perfer it over buffalo sauce. There is usually enough to store some for a later meal. Thanks for sharing.
SSSSSSUPER Awesome!! Sauce was delicious and kept for a long time!! Used on fish, steak, chicken, veggies, potatoes. I think i actually doubled the sauce. Thanks Ma!!
This reciped made a superb glaze. Exactly like the one at TGIFriday's. I made only one change. I used 2/3 cup brown sugar and 2/3 cup Splenda. I needed to lower the calories to make it 1 point in WW plan. Thanks for posting!