- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks, 1/2-inch thick
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 1⁄4 cup Jack Daniels Whiskey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Score the flank steak with a sharp knife, about 1/8-inch deep, in a diamond pattern; set aside.
- Mash the garlic with the mustard.
- Stir in the whiskey and oil.
- Place steak in a zipper type plastic freezer bag. Pour mixture over the steak and refrigerate overnight.
- Set out at room temperature for 1 hour before cooking. Remove steak from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Grill, using charcoal or gas grill. Cook over high heat 3 to 5 minutes per side. (Or cook under broiler in oven.)
- Heat reserved marinade in small pan to a boil.
- Slice the steak by cutting across the grain into 1/4-inch thick slices. Serve with heated marinade as a sauce.