Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 1⁄3 cup diced red onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely diced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup white grape juice
- 1⁄2 cup jack daniel black label Bourbon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Place ingredients in sauce pan in order listed.
- Mix and stir after each ingredient.
- Place on medium heat and stir until mixture reaches boiling stage.
- Turn temperature down to low until mixture is on a slow simmer.
- Cook sauce for 35-45 minutes.
- and remove from heat.
- Mixture will have reduced in volume about a 1/4 to 1/3.
This sauce was good, but it didn't thicken up at all, I ended up having to add corn starch.
Absoulutely delicious - tastes just like the restaurant version. However, I've made it using roasted garlic for a richer flavor.
How came any one say its close in taste to TGIF"s. This recipe tatses more like a Sweet Teriyaki with Onions, Lot of Soy Sauce taste. The product served at TGIF does NOT taste like it. Don't waste your money and time, search the net for a closer recipe, or buy a bottled sauce.