Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Similar to Friday's. Great for dipping grilled meats, especially chops, steaks and chicken. Easy to make. Keeps well in frig.
- 1 vidalia onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup Jack Daniels Whiskey (your preference)
- 1 cup bottled barbecue sauce (we like Sweet Baby Ray's)
- 1 tablespoon mustard (we like sweet and spicy)
- Melt butter in skillet. Add onions and cook over med-high heat until tender and translucent. Continue to simmer for 15 more minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 15 more minutes.
- You are now ready to serve it as a dipping sauce or use it to baste things on the grill -- or BOTH!