Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Duke's Chowder House, Seattle, WA.
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup diced red potatoes
- 2⁄3 cup fresh corn
- 1⁄2 tablespoon crab base (or 1 chicken boullion cube)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup cream
- 3⁄4 cup dungeness crabmeat
- 1 pinch thyme
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons Jack Daniels Whiskey
- Precook potatoes, drain, cut and set aside.
- Sweat onions, celery and corn with butter, add flour and thyme and cook 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add water and crab base, Old Bay seasoning, parsley and 1/2 cup of the crab meat.
- Add heavy cream and bring to 180 degrees.
- Add potatoes and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add Jack Daniels and remainder of crab meat just before serving.