Recipe by Ashleybakes
My husband's Christmas party was catered by L'Auberge du Lac and this was the best dessert served out of many. It has a strong hint of the liquor, and a gooey chocolate taste, almost like a perfectly undercooked brownie with the pecan bits inside. Absolutely delicious, it was a phenomenal hit, served at room temperature without topping. I found the recipe posted on our local news site by the pastry chef who catered the event, Bill Foltz.
Top Review by TLu
I made this for a special dinner and it was devoured by all. Very flavorful but I wouldn't suggest serving this to children. You can taste the Jack Daniels :D. Made for Comfort Cafe Snow Queens 2010
- 7 ounces butter
- 7 ounces dark chocolate
- 10 ounces granulated sugar
- 3 1⁄2 ounces cocoa powder
- 5 eggs
- 2 ounces Jack Daniels Whiskey
- 6 ounces toasted pecan halves
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt together butter and dark chocolate.
- Using a paddle mixer, mix sugar, cocoa, whiskey and eggs.
- Add melted chocolate mixture.
- Scrape well.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour into a greased pan lined with wax paper. (10" round).
- Bake in a water bath at 350°F for approximately 50 minutes; or until center is 170°F.
- Serve cold or room temperature with your favorite fruit or caramel sauce.