Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 8 mins
- In a sauce pan sift cocoa and sugar add the whipping cream and half and half with wire whisk whisk well.
- Add the chocolate and heat over medium high heat stirring constantly until chocolate is melted.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk eggs until frothy, add 1/4 of the hot chocolate mixture whisking constantly, add this to the chocolate mixture whisk well.
- Stir over medium high heat for 4-5 minutes until chocolate coats back of a spoon.
- Pour into a metal bowl and set the bowl in a bowl of ice water to chill while cooling In a sauce pan add the whiskey and ignite (please dont burn yourself).
- Stir the whiskey into the chocolate mixture.
- Once cooled place in ice cream maker freeze according to manufactures directions.