1 hr 20 mins
In 'Frank Stitt's Southern Table'; ice cream with a kick
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large stainless steel or enameled saucepan, heat the milk until bubbles rise around the edge of the pan.
- 2Remove from the heat, add vanilla, cover, and let steep for 20 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, melt the chocolate with the whiskey in a heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally; remove from heat and set aside.
- 4In a big bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the sugar until thoroughly combined; gradually whisk in the warm milk.
- 5Pour this mixture back into the saucepan and heat, stirring constantly, until just slightly thickened; the temperature should be 170° on an instant-read thermometer.
- 6Strain the custard through a fine-mesh strainer into a clean bowl and let cool.
- 7Stir the melted chocolate mixture and cream mixture into the custard; cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- 8Freeze the ice cream in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's directions; transfer to a freezer container and freeze for an hour or two to firm before serving.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jack Daniel's Chocolate Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (980 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1898.6
- Calories from Fat 1102
- Total Fat 122.5 g
- Saturated Fat 69.7 g
- Cholesterol 1411.5 mg
- Sodium 278.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 126.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 120.5 g
- Protein 30.1 g