Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I've had this recipe written in my personal recipe book for so long that I can't even begin to imagine it's source...but it's GOOD. This is a dense cake, so make sure to serve it with a light, complimentary side like fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a very large saucepan, heat and stir the water, Jack Daniels whiskey, coffee powder, butter and cocoa until the butter melts.
- Remove from the heat and beat in the sugar.
- Cool slightly and whisk in the eggs, blending thoroughly.
- In a bowl, stir together the flour and baking powder.
- Beat into the chocolate mixture until incorporated.
- Stir in the pecans.
- Turn the batter into a greased and floured 9 inch tube or bundt pan.
- Smooth top with a spatula.
- Bake in a 325 oven for 60-75 minutes (until a toothpick comes out clean).
- Immediately sprinking with the 2 Tbsp of Jack Daniels whiskey.
- Let cake cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes, then remove from cake pan.
- Serve with gobs of fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
The recipe comes from the "Jack Daniel's Hometown Celebration Cook Book" Volume II. I have forgotten what page the recipe is on. My book opens to that page on it's own, it's been used so many times. My cookbook also has coffee and whisky stains, it's been used so much! :)<br/><br/>http://www.amazon.com/Jack-Daniels-Hometown-Celebration-Cookbook/dp/1558530851/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1408300369&sr=8-1&keywords=Jack+Daniels+Hometown+Celebration+Cookbook
Awesome! This was husband's birthday cake and he loved it. I it garnished with a dusting of powdered sugar topped by swirled mounds of whipped cream holding chocolate letters spelling HAPPY BIRTHDAY all around the top of the cake. It looked great and tasted fabulous. Really easy to make, too.
I made this cake last night and it's REALLY good! Quite a subtle taste of JD, but it's just enough mixed with the chocolate flavour.
Had a taste test when it came out of the oven - 10/10
Had another taste test this morning (just in case it went bad overnight!!) - 10/10
Thanks for sharing this recipe.