1 hr 20 mins
I've had this recipe written in my personal recipe book for so long that I can't even begin to imagine it's source...but it's GOOD. This is a dense cake, so make sure to serve it with a light, complimentary side like fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325.
- 2In a very large saucepan, heat and stir the water, Jack Daniels whiskey, coffee powder, butter and cocoa until the butter melts.
- 3Remove from the heat and beat in the sugar.
- 4Cool slightly and whisk in the eggs, blending thoroughly.
- 5In a bowl, stir together the flour and baking powder.
- 6Beat into the chocolate mixture until incorporated.
- 7Stir in the pecans.
- 8Turn the batter into a greased and floured 9 inch tube or bundt pan.
- 9Smooth top with a spatula.
- 10Bake in a 325 oven for 60-75 minutes (until a toothpick comes out clean).
- 11Immediately sprinking with the 2 Tbsp of Jack Daniels whiskey.
- 12Let cake cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes, then remove from cake pan.
- 13Serve with gobs of fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jack Daniels Chocolate (birthday) Cake
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 594.4
- Calories from Fat 299
- Total Fat 33.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.3 g
- Cholesterol 98.2 mg
- Sodium 93.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 40.6 g
- Protein 6.8 g