Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This has been my 24 year old son's favorite and most requested cake since he was about 10 - he is a butterscotch lover. It is really good - make sure you get the bottom/topping - it's what makes the cake! Being from Texas, I usually use pecans instead of walnuts. NOTE: If you want to use an electric mixer, be careful to not overbeat the cake.
- 517.37 g package yellow cake mix
- 96.38 g package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 5 eggs, slightly beaten
- 118.29 ml milk
- 118.29 ml Jack Daniels Whiskey
- 177.44 ml margarine, softened
- 170.09 g package butterscotch chips
- 236.59 ml chopped walnuts
- Mix cake and pudding mix together.
- Add eggs, milk, whiskey and magarine.
- Beat long and hard BY HAND.
- Add butterscoth mosels and nuts, reserving 1/2 cup of each.
- Pour batter into greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan.
- Sprinkle remaining morsels and nuts over batter.
- Bake @ 350 degrees 45-60 minutes.
I made this for a birthday party and it was a hit! I tried to cut calories a bit and used egg substitute and sugar free pudding. I used my mixer a bit to combine the cake mix, pudding and wet ingredients. The mix was thick due to the pudding. I used a spoon to mix in the nuts and chips. The batter needs to be spread out in the pan. I cooked it for 45 mins and it was great. A sure keeper recipe.
I used walnuts. No complains here!!
I used pecans instead of walnuts and baked this in a sheet pan. Wonderful. Next time I will use a bundt cake pan. Made for PAC 2008.