Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Wow!! Talk about a great bundt cake! I got this recipe from a friend who brought it to a get-together. Great tasting cake!! Hope you enjoy!
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix and instant pudding, then add oil, water, 1/2 cup Jack Daniel's and the eggs.
- (I usually spill a little extra Jack in, not on purpose though) Mix until smooth, about 4 minutes.
- Pour into a well greased bundt pan; tap the pan on solid surface several times to remove any trapped air bubbles.
- Pour 1/2 of the toffee chips evenly over what would be the bottom of the cake.
- Bake@350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.
- (you may want to enjoy a little Jack n'Coke while you wait for the cake to finish baking).
- Cool 15 minutes, then turn out onto a cooling rack and cool cake completely.
- Add powered sugar, melted butter, and 1 tablespoon Jack Daniel's and mix until lumps are gone.
- You will have to add more Jack here, as it will be too thick to drizzle over the edges.
- The frosting should just about run to the bottom before setting up (thickening).
- (add a tablespoon or two, a little at a time to make it work) Pour remaining toffee bits over the wet frosting and push the bits inches.
- Have another sip of Jack for a job well done!
I've made this cake several times. It's a great recipe for a party or for the guys. The fact that it's a "Jack Daniels" cake, makes it the talk of the party. As far as the cake, it's not as sweet as most cakes, so I find that guys who usually skip the cake, really like it. All in all, a fun cake. I think the next time I make it, I'm going to go without the toffee and maybe try nuts.
Excellent cake and great recipe to follow. I found myself very happy at the end of cooking this one.
We found this recipe and my coworker baked it for a b-day. It was a delicious cake! I loved the toffee bits and the icing. The cake had good flavor and was baked perfectly. Everyone in the office loved it.