1/1 Photo of Jack Daniels Bread Pudding
2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This recipe was shared with me by a DF when she brought it to one of our Lady Elks Pot Luck Dinners when I lived in Nevada City, CA. All though there is another recipe for a bread pudding with Jack Daniel's sauce it is NOT the same, and this is the recipe my family requests on many of our get togethers. This makes 2 large pans of pudding, and can be halved, or freeze one for later.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 15 cups sourdough French bread, cubed and toasted
- 5 cups milk
- 8 eggs
- 12 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg (I use a bit more of both the nutmeg and cinnamon)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 cup raisins
Jack Daniels Sauce
- 2Lightly grease deep dish casserole pans and.
- 3Fill with toasted bread cubes and raisins mixed together.
- 4Heat milk and butter in pan over medium heat.
- 5Whisk sugar, eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt. Add 1 cup of the heated milk mixture to this, then mix this into the hot milk mixture. Pour over the bread and raisins. Put your casserole dish (I use two 9x13 inch casseroles and bake one at a time) with the pudding into a deeper pan that has at lease an inch of water and cover with foil.
- 6Bake at 350°F for one hour. Remove foil and place back in oven for an additional 15 minutes till nicely browned. Pour cream sauce over and keep warm in oven until time to serve.
- 7Cream Sauce: (I make this while the pudding is cooking).
- 8Combine all ingredients into a large sauce pan and heat to boiling. Turn heat down to low and allow to cook down to consistency of your liking.
- 9I double the sauce recipe so that I can have some to pour over the pudding and ice cream when I serve it.
- 10Serve hot with either ice cream and extra sauce or with heavy cream drizzled over it.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jack Daniels Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.1
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 59.1 mg
- Sodium 200.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 19.8 g
- Protein 4.5 g