Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour, for dusting
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed to room temperature (8-inch by 12-inch)
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated monterey jack cheese
- 1 lb fresh lump crabmeat
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground horseradish
- 1 shallot, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- To make puff pastry: Dust flour over a work surface.
- Place puff pastry sheets on floured surface.
- Using a rolling pin, stretch the pastry sheets 2 inches each side.
- Gather four (six-inch) tartlet shell containers.
- Using the bottom of one of the containers as a guide, cut out two circles per pastry sheet (extend the cut border two inches, making an eight inch diameter).
- Place the cut pastry pieces inside each shell container, molding so the pastry fits just right.
- With a fork, dock the bottom of each shell container.
- To make the filling: In a bowl combine all other ingredients, incorporating well.
- Fill each shell with 1/2 cup of the mixture, then top each shell with any remaining filling.
- Bake in oven for 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean upon insertion.
- Tartlets can be served over a sauté of wild mushrooms.