Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
We rarely have 'plain' burgers, considering if it were up to our 10 year old he would have hamburgers 3x a day! This recipe came from TOH.
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup finely crushed seasoned croutons
- 1⁄4 cup dill pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 6 slices monterey jack cheese, sliced
- 6 hamburger, buns. split
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 slices tomatoes
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients.
- Crumble the ground beef over the mixture and mix well.
- Shape into six 1/2" thick patties; place on an ungreased broiler pan. Broil 4 inches from the heat for 7-9 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- Top each with a cheese slice. Broil 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato slices.