Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Truly delicious pecan bars. I am posting recipe for safekeeping.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, chopped
- Combine flour and 1/3 cup brown sugar with the 3/4 cup of softened butter using a pastry blender or fork until the mix resembles coarse meal.
- Press the mixture into a greased 13x9-inch pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 15-18 minutes, do not let it get too brown.
- Combine the remaining ingredients except for the pecans, beating well.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour filling over the prepared crust.
- Bake at 350°F for 35-40 minutes or until done.
- Cool and cut into bars.