Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I got this recipe from a mystery book by Phillip R. Craig. The chicken practically falls off the bone. It has become a family favorite.
- 8 pieces chicken (bone in)
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry red wine
- 1 (1 3/8 ounce) package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- Place the chicken in a foil pan.
- Place the bouillon cube in the center of the pan.
- Pour the wine over the chicken.
- Sprinkle the onion soup over the chicken. Cover tighly with foila nd bake for 2 hours at 350 degrees.
Easy recipe with delicious flavor. I modified this although I don't think it changed the overall outcome. I put this in the crock pot, adding a bit of flour to thicken the wine sauce. I also omitted the bouillon cube since I thought the soup mix was salty enough. It was great- thank you!
Amazing flavor for basically 3 ingredients! The chicken did fall off the bone. I would swear that there was bacon in this dish. I used a glass Pyrex and baked at 300 degrees for a little over 2 1/2 hours (lowered it since I had to be out of the house a long time).What a great main dish for company. Thanks for posting, Chef. Roxygirl