Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is a modified version of a recipe I had found on Epicurious.com. Use your favorite pie crust recipe or a pre-made refrigerated dough.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 pinch clove
- 16 ounces pumpkin (I use fresh, but canned is fine)
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 large eggs, beaten to blend
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Whisk the first 8 ingredients until no lumps remain. Blend in pumpkin, whipping cream sour cream and eggs.
- Pour into pie shell and bake until center is almost set. About 55 minutes (usually a bit longer in my oven).
Absolutely loved this pumpkin pie. It was very creamy and had the perfect amount of spices. I made my own crust and used a cheese pumpkin for this recipe. I modified it a little by using fresh ginger instead of the powder and added a teaspoon of vanilla. My husband and daughter said it was the best pumpkin pie they have ever had. I will definitely be making it again.
My feeling is, if you're gonna make a pie, it really is best done in a homemade pastry shell, & that's exactly what I did ~ A little more time-consuming, but well worth the effort! Thoroughly enjoyed your double cream combo here, along with more than just a pumpkin pie spice, & will be making this delicious pie again, for sure! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]