Recipe by Scotty & Callie's Mom
Delicious salad served in Hudson's restaurant. Can use Splenda in place of sugar and low fat mayo.
Top Review by susieofutah
I knew something was wrong with this recipe. It's tasty but NOT the original recipe. I found the original in my mother's recipe box. To get that, do the following: Eliminate mustards, lemon, sugar, parsley. Use 1/2 sour creme, 1/2mayo. Use 1teaspoon chopped chives instead of parsley. Use one chopped sweet gherkin instead of sugar. Use a whole chopped sweet onion instead of onion juice. And this is critical: Add one teaspoon Worcestershire sauce. Blend all in blender till smoothe.
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely minced onions or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onion juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup mayonnaise, regular or 1 cup low fat
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 hard-boiled egg, diced
- 14 ounces ham, cut into strips
- 14 ounces cooked turkey breast, cut into strips
- 14 ounces swiss cheese, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 cup slivered sweet gherkin
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 12 -16 pimento stuffed olives
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first 6 dressing ingredients and stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Add remaining dressing ingredients and mix well.
- Combine the ham, turkey, cheese and pickles together in a large bowl.
- Toss together with the dressing.
- Divide the lettuce among plates, top with salad and garnish each plate with 2 olives.