Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious salad served in Hudson's restaurant. Can use Splenda in place of sugar and low fat mayo.
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely minced onions or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onion juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup mayonnaise, regular or 1 cup low fat
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 hard-boiled egg, diced
- 14 ounces ham, cut into strips
- 14 ounces cooked turkey breast, cut into strips
- 14 ounces swiss cheese, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 cup slivered sweet gherkin
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 12 -16 pimento stuffed olives
- Combine the first 6 dressing ingredients and stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Add remaining dressing ingredients and mix well.
- Combine the ham, turkey, cheese and pickles together in a large bowl.
- Toss together with the dressing.
- Divide the lettuce among plates, top with salad and garnish each plate with 2 olives.
Follow up, sorry. I just wanted to say, I appreciate turkey and ham. Not honey roasted, not honey ham, just turkey and ham. Also the lettuce being shredded. That is what made that unique. I so appreciate the original version of this!
wow, the dressing recipe for this is nothing like the original one I have from an early 1970s newspaper clipping,,,,think I'll stick to mine
This is IT!!! All my fond memories of our favorite department store! This is my go-to recipe to serve at wedding or baby showers. Add the hard rolls or popovers and a fruit salad and you have a great party.