Karen in MA's Note:
From Good Morning America, 12/20/08
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, mchopped
- 2 tablespoons shallots, chopped
- 1/2 cup asparagus, chopped (blanched)
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup snow peas
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, plus
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 6 cooked chicken breast halves, diced
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2In a large saucepan heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- 3Add celery, carrot, garlic, and shallot to pan; sauté for 2 minutes.
- 4Add asparagus, onion, corn, and snow peas. Season with salt and pepper.
- 5Pour in chicken stock, ½ cup cream, and sweetened condensed milk. Add chicken and bring to a simmer.
- 6In a small bowl stir together cornstarch and the water to create a thickening agent, then pour into pot; stir until thickened and bubbly.
- 7Stir in butter until melted. Stir in rosemary and thyme; remove from heat.
- 8Cut puff pastry sheets in half, then set aside. Beat egg and the 1 tablespoon cream together; set aside.
- 9Fill four individual ceramic baking dishes evenly with chicken mixture. Cover each dish with a piece of puff pastry. Pinch edges to seal and cut off excess around sides. Take a fork and poke a few holes in top of puff pastry. Brush puff pastry with egg mixture.
- 10Bake pot pies about 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for J. Garvin's Chicken Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (797 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1585.3
- Calories from Fat 918
- Total Fat 102.0 g
- Saturated Fat 36.5 g
- Cholesterol 271.8 mg
- Sodium 1070.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 104.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 22.8 g
- Protein 63.4 g