Prep 45 mins
Cook 50 mins
I haven't tried this, but it sounds delicious! I plan to try it soon, but if you do first, let me know how it is. BTW, J. Eddie Peck use to be on the soap Young & Restless as Cole and in other things as well. Prep time is a guess.
- 5 cups cinnamon raisin bread, cubed
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 quart milk
- 3 tablespoons rum
- whipped cream, to use as topping
- nonstick cooking spray
- Spray the inside of a 9"x12"x3" glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Arrange bread cubes evenly in dish.
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat eggs and sugar.
- Add milk and rum to mixture, mix until thoroughly blended.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the bread.
- Let mixture stand for 15 minutes while the bread absorbs the liquid.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Bake until pudding surface is lightly browned (about 50 minutes).
- Serve warm; top pieces with whipped cream.