Recipe by mermaidmagic
I just found the old newspaper cut-out for this recipe. Omit the cheese to make this vegan.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup matchstick vegetables, cut 2 1/2 inches long by 1/8 inch wide (red bell pepper strips, zucchini, carrots and yellow squash)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- white pepper
- 5 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tomatoes, chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 8 crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- parsley (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a saute pan.
- Add the matchstick vegetables, garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Saute for 2 minutes over medium high heat, until the vegetables are al dente.
- Add the pasta to the pan and toss.
- Add the lemon juice, tomatoes, fresh basil, chives and red pepper flakes.
- Toss well until hot.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan over the top.
- Add an additional pinch of salt and pepper.
- Toss well.
- Using tongs, place the pasta on a plate first.
- Neatly lay any loose vegetables over the top.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.