Mary Fowler Polly W's Note:
Another recipe from Jeff Baldwin's culinary class ! Very good and can be made the day before. Worth the effort !!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaf
- 1 loaf crusty Italian bread
- 4 tablespoons fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs mixed fresh mushrooms
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1pre-heat oven 375.
- 2bring large pot of water to boil, add a opinch of salt and the trimmed green beans.
- 3cook 5 minutes drain and set aside
- 4butter a baking dish large enough to hold the green beans with 1 tbls butter and set aside.
- 5tear the bread into 2 inch pieces and place in a large mixing bowl, add 1 tbls chives,1 tbls thyme, 1 tbls rosemary, 2 tbls parmesan cheese and 3 tbls olive oil.
- 6stir well and spread on baking sheet.
- 7bake just until bread starts to turn golden brown- remove from oven and set aside.
- 8Meanwhile, melt the remaining butter and olive oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- 9Add mushrooms and shalalots, season with salt and pepper and cook about 10 minutes.
- 10Pour in the heavy cream, add remaining thyme and chives and cook for another 5 minutes.
- 11Add green beans and stir well.
- 12Put the green bean mixture into the prepared buttered baking dish, top with bread mixture and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 13Bake about 20-25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for J. Baldwin's Green Bean Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (394 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 620.2
- Calories from Fat 327
- Total Fat 36.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.8 g
- Cholesterol 73.2 mg
- Sodium 542.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.5 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 18.2 g