Recipe by Izzy Knight
This is my much-requested potluck recipe. It's great served over basmati rice. No kidding!
Top Review by HeatherFeather
Very good. Very flavorful and the meat was very tender. I really enjoyed the unusual combination of ingredients - especially the additions of lemon juice and currants. Next time I would add much more meat - 1/2 pound is not enough for 4-6 servings. I also found it a bit dry - the meat was moist, but the rest of the ingredients needed at bit more moisture. I might add a bit of broth next time to make it a bit more saucy. Over all though, a very tasty dish that all tasters enjoyed.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 lb top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 cup cooked diced potato
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas, rinsed under hot water
- 2 tablespoons currants
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, heat 1 tbsp.
- vegetable oil over medium heat; add onion and saute about 5 minutes.
- Add apple and curry powder and saute three more minutes.
- Add the steak and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in potatoes, peas, currants, lemon juice, salt and pepper.