Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A delicate soup for those times when simple is best.
Make and share this Izakaya Sakura Shiitake Mushroom Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 4 ounces rice vermicelli
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (18 ounce) package firm silken tofu, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 cup fresh shiitake mushroom, stemmed sliced
- 1 quart reduced-sodium vegetarian broth or 1 quart reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups napa cabbage, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro leaf
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- Cook vermicelli according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add tofu and cook until browned (2 minutes). Add garlic and ginger and cook (2 minutes).
- Add mushrooms, broth, and cabbage and simmer (5 minutes). Stir in reserved noodles.
- Ladle soup into bowls and add cilantro, onions and soy sauce.