Recipe by linguinelisa
This recipe from is from Kraft. It's a nice way to doctor up and box of deluxe macaroni and cheese dinner. You can substitute cayenne pepper for the black if you like it spicier.
Top Review by breezermom
What a great short-cut recipe! So easy to make, and it tastes great!! Sending this recipe back to college with my DS so he can make it at school! Thanks for sharing. Made for Newest Tag game!
- 1 (14 ounce) boxdeluxe macaroni & cheese dinner mix
- 1⁄2 cup cubed extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease a 2-qt. casserole dish. Prepare the deluxe macaroni and cheese dinner as directed on the package. Combine all the cheeses together, In a small bowl beat the egg, milk and pepper together. Spoon half the prepared macaroni in the casserole dish. Top with half the cheese. Repeat the layers. Drizzle egg mixture over the top.
- Bake about 15 minutes until center is set and macaroni is heated through.