1/2 Photos of Ivy House Indiana Sugar Cream Pie
From Ivy House Bed and Breakfast, Fortville, Indiana. Sugar cream pie is the "unofficial" Hoosier State pie. Contains no eggs, as intended.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (9 inch) flaky pie crusts, baked and cooled (there are a few recipes already posted, #20984)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch, plus
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 pinch salt (big pinch)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- fresh whipped cream
- 1In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, milk, butter, and salt.
- 2Place pan over medium heat and cook, stirring or whisking continuously for 5-7 minutes or until the mixture starts to boil.
- 3Lower heat slightly and continue to cook, rapidly whisking for about 2 minutes.
- 4Remove pan from heat and stir in vanilla.
- 5Pour the filling into the cooled pie shell, smooth the top.
- 6Place the pie on a wire rack; let cool completely, then refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- 7Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ivy House Indiana Sugar Cream Pie
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 378.4
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 37.3 mg
- Sodium 168.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 28.5 g
- Protein 3.6 g