Recipe by Sandi (From CA)
Another from the arsenal of my husband who I've learned to trust in the kitchen. Makes me jealous, but hey, I love to eat and so I swallow my pride along with his culinary offerings!
Top Review by KMLWPA
This is the most incredibly awesome recipe! I've made it a few times now and it is my absolute favorite! I make it using 2 really thick (about 1 1/2" or so) boneless pork loin chops. The mushrooms, onions and sauce are TDF and the cook time in the oven is always perfect! I use a full 8 oz pkg of white mushrooms and a whole onion and I cook the 'shrooms in butter with a bit of oil instead of just oil. The chops always turn out so moist and tender. The mustard really does stick to the pan, but once the cream is added it makes the most incredibly flavored sauce when finished. Made this tonight with white rice cooked in chicken broth in my steamer and roasted asparagus. The sauce goes so well with rice. The rice just sucks up the sauce and gets all creamy and wonderful. Thank you Sandi- and Ivo- for a wonderful recipe! :-)
- 2 pork tenderloin, cleaned, excess fat removed
- 1 cup cream
- 1 -2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 -2 cup onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 2 tablespoons coarse grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Butter one oven-safe dish large enough for the two tenderloins.
- Fry the onion rings in some butter until soft and golden; set aside.
- Fry the mushrooms in vegetable oil until well-browned; set aside.
- Cut the tenderloins into two pieces each; add pepper and salt to taste.
- Slather each piece with lots of mustard and brown quickly in hot butter. Don't worry if the mustard sticks to the pan!
- Transfer the tenderloins to the oven dish, then deglaze the pan with the cream; pour the cream over the tenderloins. Divide the fried onions and mushrooms over the tops of the tenderloins.
- Cover with foil and bake in oven for 30 minutes. Cut into tenderloins to see if they are done, they should be just beyond pink in the center.