Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A new favorite for the grill -- serve with grilled steaks and veggies.
- 2 potatoes, scrubbed well
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sheet aluminum foil, about 1 1/2 feet long
- Slice potatoes into 1” wide x 1/8” thick slabs.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl, add potatoes and toss to coat.
- Place potato mixture onto ½ of the foil; fold over other half and seal edges by pinching halves together to form a packet. Slit the top of the foil packet several times to vent.
- Place the packet on the grill when the coal is at its hottest and grill for 30 minutes. At about the halfway mark, you may want to open the foil and stir the potatoes, but be careful not to let the oil run out (i.e. don’t simply turn packet over) or you will cause fire, soot and general mayhem. Not good. But the potatoes are and you don’t want to have to share them with the fire department, so be careful.
- Eat. Burp. Sigh.
so easy to make, yet so good. so very, very good.
Great recipe...Mine got a little crisp as I had the BBQ flaming up (I should not be allowed to use it)...but still turned out great.
I was happy to finally be able to use the fresh rosemary from my new garden. This recipe turned out great. When I asked my husband how he would rate it he said, "Five, there's nothing bad about this recipe!" Thanks for some great tasting potatoes!