Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found at MrBreakfast. http://www.mrbreakfast.com/superdisplay.asp?recipeid=1552
- 4 medium bananas
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup corn flakes, finely crushed
- peanut oil (for frying)
- black pepper (optional)
- cinnamon-sugar mixture (optional)
- Peel bananas and cut each in half. Cut each piece into four pieces - lengthwise, giving you a total of 32 french fry-sized pieces.
- Place banana pieces in a large shalow bowl and drizzle with lemon juice to prevent browning. Let set for 5 minutes.
- Heat peanut oil (about 1/2 inch deep) in a heavy skillet at medium-high heat.
- Place crushed corn flakes in a seperate large shallow bowl or on a baking pan. Roll each banana piece in corn flakes until well covered.
- Fry banana pieces in skillet until golden brown on each side.
- Spinkle with either pepper or a 50/50 mix of cinnamon/sugar. depending whether you'd like them sweet or savory.
I'm really sorry I couldn't rate this recipe higher. The taste of the bananas were good but the texture was slimy in the middle. I ate one & couldn't finish the rest. I did use the sugar & cinnamon mixture but I sprinkled it on the bananas before rolling them in corn flakes. Made for ZWT 7