Recipe by CJAY
Chicken and vegetables are slow cooked in a well sealed pot with little or no added liquid. The resulting dish has a full-flavored concentration of the chicken's essence and meltingly tender meat. From the Ivory Coast of Africa. I found this on the net. Posted for ZWT7-Africa.
- chicken, cut into serving pieces, 2 to 3 pounds
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 2 -3 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 -3 hot chili peppers, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325*. Add all the ingredients to a large dutch oven with a tight-fitting lid. Cover the pot with one or two layers of foil and place the lid on the top of the foil.
- Place the pot in the oven and bake for 2 to 3 hours. Remove the pot from the oven occasionally and shake it to keep the chicken from sticking.
- Remove the pot from the oven. Let rest for 10 minutes. Serve hot with couscous, rice, or boiled yams.