Recipe by Johnney
After having stuffed haddock at one of my favorite resturants I decided to experiment with this dish and came up with this one.
- 1 large white onion
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 3 teaspoons capers
- 1⁄2 cup sliced pimento-stuffed green olives
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green chili pepper (fresh or canned)
- 2 cups cracker crumbs
- 2 lbs haddock fillets
- 3⁄8 cup butter
- paprika (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop onions and saute in the oil.
- Remove onion with a slotted spoon and mix with tomato sauce, capers, olives and chile, set aside.
- Sprinkle one cup of cracker crumbs on the bottom of 9 x 13" baking dish.
- Place haddock on top of crumbs.
- Pour tomato mixture over top of haddock fillets.
- Sprinkle remaining crumbs on top.
- Dot with butter and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 20 minutes or until fish is done.