1/2 Photos of I've Got the Spinach Apple Blues Salad
I recently went on the 2010 Legendary Bluescruise to Curacao, Aruba and Half Moon Cay in the Bahamas. What a blues education I got! So feeling kind of whimsical and bluesy, I am dedicating this salad to the blues! I have halved the original recipe. Adapted from the Inn at Cedar Crossing in Door County, Wisconsin, via CDKithchens.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts (see note)
- 1/8 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup walnut oil
- 1/2 lb fresh spinach leaves, stems removed
- 1/8 lb crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup toasted walnuts (see note)
- 1 1/2 granny smith apples, sliced
- 1Prepare vinaigrette:.
- 2In large bowl, mix chopped walnuts with cider vinegar, apple cider, honey and mustard.
- 3In separate bowl, mix oils. While mixing, slowly drizzle oil into walnut mixture to emulsify. Before serving, warm over a very low heat, making sure not to boil.
- 4Makes 1 pint.
- 5To prepare salad, place spinach leaves in serving bowl and top with cheese and the toasted walnuts. Place apples around outside, drizzle with warm walnut vinaigrette and serve.
- 6Note: To toast, sprinkle nuts in ungreased heavy skillet. Cook over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently until nuts begin to brown, then stirring constantly until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for I've Got the Spinach Apple Blues Salad
Serving Size: 1 (567 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1504.6
- Calories from Fat 1168
- Total Fat 129.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 21.2 mg
- Sodium 505.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.9 g
- Sugars 60.4 g
- Protein 25.3 g