1/6 Photos of I've Got the Rum in the Coconut Shrimp
Catchy title, ugh? Easy grilled shrimp seasoned with coconut rum, ginger and lime. Feel free to make a coconut rum drink while cooking shrimp, after all it's 5 o'clock somewhere. Posted for ZWT5, Caribbean.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a glass dish, combine shrimp,rum,brown sugar,ginger,lime juice,zest,soy and garlic; cover and marinate at room temperature 30 minutes, stir occasionally.
- 2Remove shrimp from marinade, reserving marinade, thread shrimp onto skewers.
- 3Grill shrimp, basting with reserved marinade and turning them once, until just cooked through, about 6 minute
- 4Slide shrimp from skewers, shrimp can be served hot or warm.
Browse Our Top Caribbean Recipes
Nutritional Facts for I've Got the Rum in the Coconut Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.8
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 214.3 mg
- Sodium 1342.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 24.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: