Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Catchy title, ugh? Easy grilled shrimp seasoned with coconut rum, ginger and lime. Feel free to make a coconut rum drink while cooking shrimp, after all it's 5 o'clock somewhere. Posted for ZWT5, Caribbean.
- 680.38 g shrimp (peeled & deveined)
- 78.07 ml coconut rum
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 7.39 ml ginger (fresh-grated)
- 22.18 ml lime juice
- 4.92 ml lime zest
- 22.18 ml soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- In a glass dish, combine shrimp,rum,brown sugar,ginger,lime juice,zest,soy and garlic; cover and marinate at room temperature 30 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Remove shrimp from marinade, reserving marinade, thread shrimp onto skewers.
- Grill shrimp, basting with reserved marinade and turning them once, until just cooked through, about 6 minute
- Slide shrimp from skewers, shrimp can be served hot or warm.
Loved the fresh combination of limes, ginger and garlic, and as I always say, everything's better with coconut rum in it! lol DS and I really enjoyed this for a quick, light meal last night. I grilled the kabobs on the George Foreman indoor grill, which I'm still experimenting with, so they did get a bit overcooked on me. When the summer is here I'll get DH out on the BBQ and we'll have this one again! Thanks for sharing, BakinBaby! Made & enjoyed for Topic of the Month forum's Seafood Tag Game. :)
tasty little devils. I marinated in a plastic Ziploc for about an hour and then put them under the broiler for 2 minutes on each side. Served with coconut rice
Great!! Simple great! The coconut rum shines through and with the ginger, lime, and soy...oh my!! Easy to put together and grilled up in no time. Great weeknight meal. Even my man who is not a fan of coconut loved this! Made for ZWT 7 - Count Dracula and His Hot Bites