Recipe by BakinBaby
Catchy title, ugh? Easy grilled shrimp seasoned with coconut rum, ginger and lime. Feel free to make a coconut rum drink while cooking shrimp, after all it's 5 o'clock somewhere. Posted for ZWT5, Caribbean.
Top Review by **Tinkerbell**
Loved the fresh combination of limes, ginger and garlic, and as I always say, everything's better with coconut rum in it! lol DS and I really enjoyed this for a quick, light meal last night. I grilled the kabobs on the George Foreman indoor grill, which I'm still experimenting with, so they did get a bit overcooked on me. When the summer is here I'll get DH out on the BBQ and we'll have this one again! Thanks for sharing, BakinBaby! Made & enjoyed for Topic of the Month forum's Seafood Tag Game. :)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp (peeled & deveined)
- 1⁄3 cup coconut rum
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger (fresh-grated)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a glass dish, combine shrimp,rum,brown sugar,ginger,lime juice,zest,soy and garlic; cover and marinate at room temperature 30 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Remove shrimp from marinade, reserving marinade, thread shrimp onto skewers.
- Grill shrimp, basting with reserved marinade and turning them once, until just cooked through, about 6 minute
- Slide shrimp from skewers, shrimp can be served hot or warm.