Recipe by Missmagill
This is YUMMY!!! You can make it with a bit of almond, mint or vanilla axtract for a change. You could also add some instant coffee, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, or cayenne pepper according to your taste. This can be a meal-in-a-cup if you add some protein powder or dried milk. Enjoy!;)
- 1⁄4 cup dates, pitted
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
Some flavoring ideas to taste
- vanilla (optional) or mint (optional) or instant coffee powder (optional)
- cinnamon (optional) or vanilla (optional)
- pumpkin spice (optional) or maple extract (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened coconut, shreads (optional)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (optional)
- vanilla (optional) or almond extract (optional)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Stew dates in hot water in a bowl or on stove top. Mush until they turn to a paste.
- Combine the date mix and other ingredients in a blender and blend well. If you would like something more slushy, add a few ice cubes.
- Enjoy this sweet and dense treat.:) Yum.