Recipe by TGirl,RN
This recipe makes one mini sized loaf of pound cake--number of servings depends on how big your slices are-but if you're cooking for one or two, this recipe makes the perfect amount. This recipe can be changed up by using different flavors of extract each time you make it-try orange, almond, or coconut, or even rum..just use your favorite flavor!
Top Review by LUVMY2BOYS
This is a fantastic, easy recipe!! I had some strawberries laying around & an "itty bitty" pound cake seemed perfect to use them up!!! I used Splenda for the sugar & vanilla extract. Baking time was right at 30 min in a mini loaf pan. I gave my husband most of it--with sliced strawberries & fat free whipped cream. I had a small slice & couldn't believe how yummy it was!! Thank you for sharing! A small dessert for 2 is always a welcome addition to my cookbook!
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 7 teaspoons buttermilk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon orange extract or 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract or 1⁄8 teaspoon coconut extract (or your favorite flavor)
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl, cream butter and sugar,then beat in egg.
- In seperate bowl, combine dry ingredients, then add to butter mixture, alternating with buttermilk.
- Add flavorings/extracts, and pour into greased mini-loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes, or until cake tests done.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from loaf pan.