1/2 Photos of Itsy-Bitsy Teeny-Weeny Colored Polka-Dot Rotini
Tri-colored rotini with currants and green peas cooked in a spicy coconut broth. From "Crazy Plates: Low-Fat Food So Good, You'll Swear It's Bad for You!"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces tri-color spiral pasta, uncooked (about 3 cups dry)
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed or 1 cup cooked lentils
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup dried currant
- 1In a medium saucepan, combine broth, coconut milk, sugar and spices.
- 2Bring to a boil.
- 3Add rotini.
- 4Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer for six minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Add peas, red pepper and currants.
- 6Simmer for 6 to 7 minutes, until liquid has been absorbed and pasta is tender.
- 7Remove from heat and let stand for five minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Itsy-Bitsy Teeny-Weeny Colored Polka-Dot Rotini
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.7
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 48.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 10.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light coconut milk