Recipe by FLKeysJen
Tri-colored rotini with currants and green peas cooked in a spicy coconut broth. From "Crazy Plates: Low-Fat Food So Good, You'll Swear It's Bad for You!"
Top Review by Enjolinfam
So easy and tasty! My family loved this and I loved how easy and quick it was to throw together. I used green peas. I didn't use the currants, but otherwise followed the recipe as stated. Thanks Jen! Made for veg*n swap 2. :)
- 8 ounces tri-color spiral pasta, uncooked (about 3 cups dry)
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed or 1 cup cooked lentils
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup dried currant
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, combine broth, coconut milk, sugar and spices.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add rotini.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer for six minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add peas, red pepper and currants.
- Simmer for 6 to 7 minutes, until liquid has been absorbed and pasta is tender.
- Remove from heat and let stand for five minutes before serving.