Itsy, Bitsy, Spooky Spider Treats™
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Stir in food coloring, if desired. Remove from heat.
- Add KELLOGG'S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal. Stir until well coated. Cool slightly.
- Using buttered hands shape cereal mixture into eight spiders. Cool. Decorate with frosting and/or candies. Best if served the same day.
- MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS.
- In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
- For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
- 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
- Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
- Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.