Easy and quick and you will have fun adding stir ins! Serve this with Whipped Topping Dollops on Spoons for a real treat! Adapted from Southern Living magazine.
- 4 cups milk (or 4 cups soymilk or 4 cups rice milk or 4 cups almond milk)
- 2⁄3 cup chocolate syrup
- 3 tablespoons hot fudge topping or 3 tablespoons caramel topping
- 1 pinch salt
- crushed hard peppermint candy (optional)
- miniature marshmallow (optional)
- milk chocolate Hershey chocolate kiss (optional)
- Hershey cherry cordial chocolate kisses (optional)
- Cook milk in a large saucepan(non aluminum) over medium heat, stirring constantly, 6 to 8 minutes or until thoroughly heated (don't boil).
- Whisk in chocolate syrup, fudge topping, and salt, whisking vigorously until chocolate is well blended and mixture is frothy.
- Serve immediately with desired stir-ins.
Yummy! Made it and brought it to work to heat in my little lunch crock. (check it out: http://www.food.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=381570&highlight= ) Didn't get it frothy, but tasted fantastic. I think the hot fudge sauce takes it over the top. Thanks for a treat during year end chaos at work Sharon! Made for PRMR 2012.
My DH and I had this for a late night snack. It was easy and good. Made for PRMR.
Cut down to a single serving. Made as a quick and easy reward after a long day fighting the Black Friday mobs. Was wonderfully hot, dark and rich delight. Made with out the stir ins and to honest did not miss them at all. Thanks so much for the post.